1. Heat your oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
2. Heat half the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the aubergine in two batches, with a clove of crushed garlic for each batch. Fry until they are a soft texture but not completely mushy. Remove and keep to one side.
3. Heat the remaining oil and cook the onion and remaining garlic clove with a little salt until soft. Add the tins of chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil.
4. Once simmering, stir through the tomato puree and brown sugar then add the cooked aubergine and some salt and pepper. Simmer on a medium heat for a further 15 minutes until the sauce reduces down. Remove from the heat and stir through the basil. Add further seasoning if required.
5. To make the topping, gently combine the Greek yoghurt, beaten egg and parmesan. Don’t over beat as the yoghurt will become too thin.
6. Spoon a layer of the aubergine and tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking dish and then top with a layer of lasagne sheets. Continue until you end up with a layer of lasagne on the surface.
7. Spoon on the yoghurt topping and spread so it covers all the lasagne. Top with the grated mozzarella and cook in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the lasagne sheets are cooked through (test with a knife) and the cheese is golden and bubbling.