1. Preheat your oven to 150C/Gas Mark 2.
2. Add the butter and sugar and mix well until light, fluffy and creamy in texture making sure there aren’t too many lumps.
3. Add vanilla followed by the flour and mix again until you get a thick dough mixture.
4. Form a ball from your dough, add a sprinkling of flour to your work surface and roll out to between 5mm and 10mm in thickness (depending on how many biscuits you want to make).
5. Cut with a cutting tool or cutters into any shape you want then bake in the oven for around 20 minutes OR until golden brown in colour.
6. Place on a rack to cool before decorating (if you plan to decorate) and then enjoy!