1. Heat your oven to 160C/Gas Mark 3 then grease and line a 20cm Springform cake tin.
2. Put the sugar and oil in a large bowl and mix together then add the beaten eggs and combine.
3. Stir in the grated carrot and orange zest.
4. In a separate bowl sieve the flour and mix in the bicarbonate of soda and spice.
5. Fold this into the other mixture then transfer to the cake tin and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Whilst you are waiting for the cake to cook, prepare the glaze by putting the icing sugar in a pan with the orange juice and remaining zest. Bring to the boil then simmer for a few minutes until all the sugar has dissolved.
7. Once the cake is done, remove from the oven and use a skewer to make a few holes in the surface. Pour the glaze over the cake while it is still in the tin and then leave to completely cool before you remove it.