1. Heat your oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
2. Boil up a large pan or stock pot of salted water and cook according to the packet instructions. For the last 5 minutes of cooking time, put in the broccoli florets and then drain together with the pasta. Alternatively, you can steam the broccoli separately for a couple of minutes (but that’s just more washing up).
3. Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan and fry the chicken, seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. After a few minutes, add the garlic and the mushroom and continue to fry until everything is browned (this should take about 5 minutes).
5. Add the herbs and soft cheese to the pan and then heat through until you have a sauce with a coating consistency. It should coat the back of a spoon. Put in any additional salt and pepper if required.
6. Add the drained pasta and broccoli in the pan and stir, making sure everything is coated in the sauce.
7. Transfer to a baking dish, top with the grated mozzarella and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cheese on top is melted, crispy and browned.