1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and garlic with a sprinkling of salt until almost soft. Add the curry powder and paprika and cook for a further minute.
2. Put the rest of the oil in the pan and add the chicken thighs and a little bit more salt. Leave to cook, stirring occasionally so nothing sticks.
3. Add the stock and tomatoes to the pan and bring to the boil then add the lentils. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
4. Meanwhile, put a pan of salted water onto boil and cook the basmati rice according the packet instructions. Drain and leave to one side.
5. Once the lentils are soft, check the seasoning and adjust if required. Just before serving, add the spinach leaves and stir through until just starting to wilt. Serve the curry on a bed of basmati rice.