1. Heat your oven to 180 C/Gas Mark 5.
2. Grease a 20cm Springform cake tin (with a removable base). Line the base with baking parchment.
3. Put the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place on top of a pan of water on a very gentle simmer. Stir occasionally and remove from heat once they have melted.
4. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs yolks and caster sugar then add the melted chocolate and butter to this mix.
6. Gently fold in the egg whites and transfer to the cake tin. Bake for 20 minutes and dust with icing sugar before serving.
Spruce it Up
If you want to take it to another level, then before you place the mousse mixture into the tin, put a layer of crushed biscuit and melted butter to create a… Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake?
And if you want to make it look really pro, then when finished, grate chocolate over the top or use a knife to create curls of chocolate. They’re easy to create but make everything look tastier (chocolate tends to do that though).