1. Prepare a large pan of salted boiling water and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
2. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil then add the sliced mushrooms. Fry for a couple of minutes on a medium heat then add the crushed garlic and ham and fry for a further couple of minutes.
3. Once the mushrooms are soft and slightly browned put the halved cherry tomatoes in the pan and cook for a few minutes until they have broken down.
4. Add the crème fraiche to the pan and mix together until the sauce is a coating consistency.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Toss the spinach leaves in the sauce but only for about 30 seconds to a minute – you don’t want them to completely break down.
7. Drain the pasta then add the sauce to the pan and mix the lot together until all the pasta is coated.