1. Warm the oil over a medium heat in a stock pot or large saucepan. Add the onion and grated carrot and fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, butter, curry powder and a sprinkling of salt then cook for a few more minutes until soft.
3. Put the lentils in the pan and stir to coat with the curried mix before pouring in the stock.
4. Bring to the boil then simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
5. Remove from the heat and then pulse with a hand blender until smooth. Season with salt to taste and return to the hob to heat through again if required.
Spruce it Up
Don’t limit yourself here. This lentil curry soup is a great base to a range of dishes. Use it to include lots and lots of vegetables in one meal of the day. And don’t forget any herbs you might have lying around which can all be used here.