1. Heat your oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Heat the oil over the hob in a large casserole dish. Fry the onion and garlic with a little salt until soft. Remove from the dish and keep to one side.
3. Season the beef with salt and pepper and fry in the casserole dish with the flour until browned (add extra oil if required). You can do this in two batches if using more beef.
4. Return the onion and garlic to the casserole dish then add the tomatoes, stock, tomato puree, olives and rosemary. Bring to the boil and add extra seasoning if required.
5. Cover and place in the oven. Cook for a further 1½ – 2 hours, or until the beef is tender. Serve with garlic bread on the side.
Make your Own Garlic Bread
Ready-done, supermarket garlic bread is rubbish! We all know it and it’s so easy to create garlicky bread at home. Slice a loaf of ciabatta and toast on each side on a griddle pan. As soon as it comes off the griddle pan, rub it two or three times with the inside of a garlic clove (just cut a clove in half). It will give your bread a real hit of garlic and we’re talking true garlic and not the synthetic stuff you get from the supermarket.