1. Heat your oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4 then grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy using a mixer or a wooden spoon if preparing by hand.
3. Beat in the eggs one by one.
4. Mix together the almonds, rice flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl then fold this into the eggs, butter and sugar mixture.
5. Stir through the lemon juice and zest then spoon into the cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out of the cake clean.
6. To prepare the glaze, heat the remaining lemon juice and caster sugar in a small pan until the sugar has dissolved. When the cake is done, take out of the oven and keep it in the tin. Put a few holes in the surface of the cake using a skewer and pour the glaze evenly over the cake.
7. Only remove the cake from the tin once it’s completely cooled. Dust with icing sugar before serving.