1. Over a medium heat, heat 1tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan and once hot, add the beef mince with a pinch of salt, pepper and a sprinkle of dried oregano. Break the mince up with a spoon and brown the meat all over but be careful not to burn it. When browned all over, set aside in a bowl.
2. Add the remaining oil to the now empty frying pan and place back over a medium heat. Add the onions with a little salt and fry gently for around 5 minutes until the onion has softened.
3. Add the garlic and then cook for a further couple of minutes then add in the carrots and give it all a quick stir and cook for a final minute.
4. Empty the mince with any juices back into the pan and add the tinned tomatoes and stir well to ensure it’s all well mixed. Then finally pour in the stock.
5. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat, cover with a lid and cook gently for 45 minutes. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
6. After the 45 minutes are up, cook your spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, drain the spaghetti and add to the bolognese sauce and mix well. Finally add in most of your basil, finely sliced and then serve up with a the remaining basil leaves scattered on top.