1. Quarter the potatoes and boil in salted water until tender. Drain, roughly mash and put to one side.
2. Fry the chilli and spring onion in a small amount of the oil for a minute then remove from the heat and place in a large bowl.
3. Add the salmon, potato, lime zest, salt and pepper then combine everything together.
4. Set up a crumbing line by having the flour in one bowl, the beaten eggs in another and the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl at the end.
5. Shape portions of the salmon mix into patties, then cover with flour then egg and lastly breadcrumbs.
6. Put the oil in a frying pan and heat on a medium setting.
7. Cook each patty on both sides until golden brown and so that they don’t fall apart. Remember you’re not cooking anything here as all the ingredients are cooked, you’re just browning them.
8. Serve with a simple green salad and enjoy.