1. Heat up a large pan of salted water and cook the basmati rice according to the packet instructions.
2. Drain the pineapple chunks then put the juice in a bowl and keep the chunks to one side (if using slices, cut into chunks). Mix the juice with the cornflour then add the ketchup, soy sauce and brown sugar. Put in a small amount of the lime juice to add a sour element – taste to make sure the balance is correct.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and cook the pork on a high heat for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and keep to one side.
4. In the same pan fry the green pepper, onion and pineapple chunks for a couple of minutes. Add the sauce and put in a small amount of water and/or lime juice to prevent it reducing too much as it heats through.
5. Return the pork to the pan and heat through until you are left with a sticky sweet and sour sauce coating all the ingredients. Serve with the basmati rice.