1. Mix the teriyaki sauce, sweet chilli sauce and lime zest and juice in a bowl and marinate the salmon fillets in it for at least 15 minutes but you could do this a few hours before.
2. Get a large pan of salted water on to boil and cook the basmati rice according to the packet instructions (this should take 10-15 minutes). Drain when cooked.
3. Heat some oil in a frying pan. Remove the fillets from the marinade and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Some people like their salmon cooked like steak so it’s rare in the middle, others prefer it cooked through so this will depend hugely on how you like your salmon and how thick your fillets are. Remove from the pan and keep to one side.
4. Add the beansprouts to the same pan and cook for 1-2 minutes with the remaining marinade until they’re just cooked, still with a bite.
5. Serve the salmon on top of the rice and beansprouts and drizzle with any leftover sauce from the pan.
Make your Own Teriyaki
If you can stretch the budget and have the time to make your own, then it can be completely worthwhile. Bring 160ml of Mirin to the boil over a high heat then drop it down to a medium heat and add in a splash of rice wine vinegar, a drizzle of sesame oil if you have it along with 225ml of soy sauce. Grate in a thumb-sized piece of ginger and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. Then store in an airtight container in the fridge.