1. Heat your oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion with a little salt for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Stir in the spinach bit by bit until it has all wilted, then remove from the pan, squeezing out any excess liquid.
4. Transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool, then add the eggs, feta cheese, nutmeg, spring onion and some salt and pepper. Mix together and leave to one side.
5. Grease a 23cm square baking tin or 20cm x 30cm tin. Place one sheet of filo on the bottom (there should be some overlap over the edges) and brush with melted butter. Repeat until you have three layers on the bottom. Place the spinach filling in the middle and spread until the filo is covered. Top with the remaining 3 sheets of filo pastry, brushing each sheet with butter as you go, then fold over the overlapping edges from the base and press down to seal. Brush the surface with the remaining butter.
6. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or the pastry is golden brown and, of course, crispy.
Spruce it Up
Don’t be afraid to add a few extra ingredients to your pie – Traditional or not! Perhaps you want a little bit more of a kick so try adding a sprinkle of crushed chillies. If you’ve got some herbs that need using up then throw them into the mix too.